Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Bed Rest

March 9, 2009

The doctor had warned me that most "twin" pregnancies end up on bed rest. Starting March 9th until the day I gave birth on May 21st I was hanging out at my house, sitting in a recliner, while everyone else had to do everything for me. You may think that it doesn't sound like a bad gig...this bed rest thing. It really isn't fun at all........I promise! At first it wasn't bad because I was in desperate need of rest. But after about a week watching everyone else get to pick up my kids and cuddle with them, watching others clean my house while I sat feeling guilty about it, watching Steven work all day then come home to cook, give the kids baths, put them to bed then have to come entertain me.........it got old real quick. I set all kinds of goals of things that I would accomplish with so much time on my hands. None of those goals were accomplished. I was too tired to do anything! I took about 3 naps per day and still went to sleep on time each night. I am so grateful for my parents who sacrificed their own personal lives for me for over 3 months. I am so grateful to Steven's parents who left their own home in Gilmer to come help me and the kids. Nana played everyday with Britt & Pres and they loved every second of it! Thank you to my friends who cleaned my house, made us dinner and came to visit me! Bed rest paid off. I made it to 36 weeks before going into labor! Thanks to all who helped during this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment