Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Snake in the Nursery!



Horrible Horrible Experience! Steven and I had just given the babies their baths before heading over to my parents for Sunday dinner. We were walking into the baby's room when Steven stopped suddenly. I looked down and in the middle of the floor right next to the cribs was a huge ugly snake! What the heck! How in the world did a snake get into the baby's room that is on the second floor? After me and Steven both screamed like girls, I ran next door to grab my neighbor to get the snake for us. Cause there was no way I (or Steven) was going to get the snake! So our neighbor Mindy (who said that she was not afraid of snakes) came to save the day. Steven had stayed in the room while I went next door to try to keep the snake from leaving. He slithered under the cribs and then into the babies closet. Mindy walked in like a true hero. It only took about 5 seconds before she decided that she too was scared of this snake. So after much screaming by me, Steven and Mindy........I called another neighbor. Lane McKellar came walking down the street with his fly fishing boots on, a golf club in one hand and a bucket in the other. I started laughing so hard! He came in and immediately said "I'm really scared of snakes but I'll do what I can!" Great 4 adults, all scared of snakes, trying to capture a snake! This should be fun! After about 45 minutes the snake was captured. He left the most disgusting smell in the closet! Lane brought him outside to kill it. Mindy saw what Steven and Lane were about to do and threw a fit! "Dont kill the snake!" What?!!! Not kill the snake that was hiding under the baby's crib? The snake that somehow got into our housse and made its way upstairs? Are you kiding me? This turned into an arguement and though it was 3 against one on whether or not to Kill the snake...........Steven took it to a field and let him go. We didn't use the babies room for weeks and every time I would go in there to get something I had to check every little corner and under beds, etc. to see if there was another snake! Terrifying experience!

2 comments:

  1. I went onto Russell's facebook and saw that you had a blog! SO glad, 'cause that's way easier to check for me :) Love these pictures and stories. Can't believe this snake one. Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's CRAZY!!!!! I would move {{{shiver}}}
    ~Jeannie :)

    ReplyDelete