Thursday, October 29, 2009

Easily Entertained




Just after the babies were born, Steven spent a lot of time with Presley and Britton. He tried to get them out as much as possible for their sake and also to give me a chance to sleep without many interruptions. One day after an outing with Daddy they came home more excited than I had seen them in a long time. What was all the excitement about?... Goggles! Yep $2 goggles. Though at times we think that our kids need the newest, best and most popular toy on the market............stop to remember how easily entertained a child can be! When they walked into the house wearing their new googles, so proud, I could not help but laugh! It was hilarious! Presley had worn hers the entire way home from Walmart and they had fogged up on the way. That only made it funnier for me! I need to stop sometimes and enjoy the more simple things in life and not get caught up in the worldly things that I think that I "need." There is so much satisfaction to be found in the "small things" that life offers. Look for them and be grateful for all that you have.

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to love reading your blog! Your kids are a crack up.

    ReplyDelete